PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION CHARTER
In order to respect the privacy of Users, Decoration Brands undertakes to process their personal data in the strictest confidence and in full compliance with the newly applicable European and French regulations.
This Protection Charter is intended to inform Users, in a transparent manner, of the methods used by Decoration Brands to collect personal data, the use of the data thus collected, the security procedures implemented and the rights that Users can exercise.
By using the Website, the User acknowledges that he or she has read this Charter and accepts its terms.
The Charter applies for all pages that are hosted and data that is recorded exclusively by Decoration Brands. It does not apply for pages that are hosted by third parties, the contents of which Decoration Brands cannot be held liable as their privacy policies may differ.
1. IDENTIFICATION OF THE CONTROLLER
As the data controller, Decoration Brands assumes the related liability for the collection and management of the personal data of its users in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on personal data protection.
2. THE DIFFERENT CATEGORIES OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The obligatory nature of the data requires the User to accept the collection of his or her data in order to enable Decoration Brands to provide its services. The User is informed of the obligatory nature of such collecting in the data collection forms on the Website.
The collection of personal data may be optional. In such situation, the User’s consent is therefore required. In the absence of consent, Decoration Brands cannot use the User’s data other than to perform its services as described below.
Decoration Brands may also, in compliance with the law, have a legitimate interest in collecting data. In such situation, consent is not obligatory.
3. THE PURPOSES OF THE COLLECTION
The collection of the personal data of the User is obligatory in order to formalise his or her sales contract. Thus, the User cannot object to the collection of his or her personal data that is necessary to ensure the management of:
• his or her customer account;
• quotes, shopping cart and orders;
• customer relations by telephone, chat, email;
• after-sales service, returns and refunds;
• the prevention of fraud during the payment of the order and unpaid items.
Collection is optional for all marketing and advertising operations implemented by Decoration Brands, in particular, newsletters, targeted promotional or sales offers by email, telephone, on social networks or other media, for offers from its commercial partners.
Except in the event of the User’s specific refusal to be the subject of prospecting messages, Decoration Brands has a legitimate interest in collecting data without any consent for the following purposes:
• If the user has already made a purchase involving Decoration Brands, it is entitled to send him or her information or advertising messages for similar products;
• For recordings of exchanges between the customer service and the user by telephone or chat for the purpose of improving the service and as proof in the event of litigation;
• For user satisfaction management (product reviews);
• To carry out statistical, analysis and segmentation operations with the aim of improving an understanding of users;
• To analyse, adapt and improve the contents of the Website;
• To allow the User to receive messages;
• To facilitate the provision and use of the Website;
• To respond to requests for information;
The User always has the possibility of unsubscribing or objecting by following the procedure indicated for such purpose in Article IX below.
4.THE VARIOUS CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
Whether obligatory or optional, Decoration Brands may collect the following data from the User:
• identification data (first name, surname, title, email address, date of birth and delivery address for the products and services offered by Decoration Brands);
• bank account (credit card number) and invoicing details;
• communications (by email or otherwise);
• location data or other data relating to communications.
5. THE VARIOUS COLLECTION METHODS USED
The data can be collected either through the active intervention of the User or automatically.
The collecting is carried out through active intervention by the User when he or she makes a purchase, manages his or her order, orders a delivery, registers for the newsletter, registers his or her guarantee, calls the after-sales service and thus sends his or her identification data.
Other data may be collected automatically through the servers consulted and the cookies placed on the website.
As part of the consultation of the Website, browsing cookies may be placed in the Visitor’s computer that record information relating to the browsing of the Website by the Visitor’s computer, such as the pages consulted, the date and time of consultation, etc. A scrolling information banner is then displayed that allows the Visitor to oppose such cookies. The Visitor can at any time deactivate the installation of any cookies by resetting the configuration of his or her Internet browser accordingly.
More information about cookies settings.
The data generated by the cookies on the use of the Website by the User (including the IP address of the connection) will be sent to and stored by Google Inc. on servers located in the United States. This data will be used to evaluate the use of the Website, compile reports on the activity on the Website for Decoration Brands and provide other services relating to the activity of the Website and the use of the Internet network.
For further details, please see the ‘about Hotjar’ section of Hotjar’s support site.
6. THE RECIPIENTS OF THE DATA
The personal data is intended to be used by Decoration Brands and all of its subcontracting partners that are responsible for managing orders and payments, preventing fraud, recovering unpaid invoices, managing deliveries, transport, after-sales service and marketing and promotional campaigns, as well as all administrative and legal authorities that may be directly concerned or that so request.
All of the employees of Decoration Brands and the subcontractors required to provide the services have access to the personal data of the User solely for the proper performance of their duties. Each of them is subject to a strict obligation of confidentiality and security.
7. PERIOD FOR WHICH THE DATA IS KEPT
In relation to obligatory collection, the data is kept for the time necessary to provide the services or for the time imposed by the various legal requirements, particularly in application of tax, commercial and criminal law.
In relation to optional collection, the data is kept for three years from the last purchase action or creation of an account in the absence of a purchase. This period is indicative and Decoration Brands reserves the right to derogate from it in order to be able to respond to any questions or complaints that may be sent to it and comply with all applicable laws, particularly in tax and criminal matters.
8.SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Decoration Brands undertakes to do everything possible to ensure the confidentiality and security of the User’s data or ensure compliance with such obligations by the chosen subcontractors.
Decoration Brands ensures optimal security measures against the loss, fraudulent intrusion, misuse and alteration of the information entrusted to it. All data collected is saved and stored on a backup medium.
In order to guarantee optimal payment security, Decoration Brands uses an online payment service that meets high security standards. Decoration Brands has chosen to use the services of HiPay, which is PCI-DSS certified. This standard is an international security standard the purposes of which are to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of cardholder data and thus secure the protection of bank account details.
The data is stored on the HiPay servers and is not at any time sent to the Decoration Brands servers.
The data is stored for the time necessary to complete the transaction, ie, for payment after the dispatching of the goods, reimbursement in the event of cancellation or in the event of the exercising of the warranty.
9. THE NATURE AND EXERCISING OF USERS’ RIGHTS
The User has, at all times, the following rights:
• A right of access, rectification and deletion of his or her data;
• A right to object to and erase the processing of his or her data on legitimate grounds in relation to obligatory collection or without providing reasons in the event of optional collection;
• A right to restrict processing where the User has objected to the processing, disputes the accuracy of the data or considers that the processing is unlawful;
• A right to data portability. The User has the right to receive the personal data that he or she has provided to Decoration Brands. The User may also ask Decoration Brands to send such data to another data controller.
To exercise this right, the User can send a request, accompanied by proof of identity, by post to the following address:
• Customer Services, ZAC de la Belle Assise, 60480 Ourcel-Maison, France
In the event of a breach of his or her personal data, the User will be informed as soon as possible.
The User always has the possibility of contacting the competent supervisory authority in his or her country of residence, which, in France, is the CNIL [National Commission on Data Protection]: https://www.cnil.fr/
10. UPDATING AND MODIFICATIONS TO THE CHARTER
Decoration Brands reserves the right to modify or adapt its Charter, in particular in order to comply with any new legislation and/or applicable regulations, the recommendations of the CNIL, the guidelines, recommendations and good practices of the European Data Protection Board and the decisions of the relevant courts and tribunals. Decoration Brands will inform Users of any changes via the Website.